to boldly go…
Creating an open platform in space
(with apologies to Mr Dickens)
(learning from the ghosts of previous missions)
- Ambition pays off :)
- Timing is everything!
- Testing is also everything!
- Team size matters - close working is effective
- Documentation matters - multi-party confidence
- Engagement was limited :(
(creating our new mission)
Do something new and ambitious...
Address engagement and documentation...
Keep small teams, keep things moving...
Build & launch an open space platform...
Using managed, modular, popular tech...
Materially lowering the barrier to entry...
So *anyone* can do experiments in space!
(what might that look like?)
(so what happens next?)
- FUNcube Team:
- Firm up choice of MCUs & interconnects
- Produce ICD/APIs (sensors, telemetry, radios)
- Gain launch approval of design
- Develop platform to ICD/APIs
- Design experiments, play with dev kits
- Engage with FUNcube team via Github (TBD!)
- Have fun :)